Raffaele Quitadamo, PhD in Computer Science and Engineering
Raffaele Quitadamo was born on December 1st, 1980 in San Giovanni Rotondo (FG) and lives in Mattinata (FG). He took his Laurea Degree in Computer Science and Engineering (Ingegneria Informatica, Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento) from the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia on October 27th, 2004. His thesis was about Strong Mobility in the Java programming language and his final score was 110/110 magna cum laude. He has been Research Associate at the Institute for Human and Machine Cognition (IHMC) in Pensacola (Florida, USA) and in February 2008 he received his PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, defending the following dissertation thesis:
- The Issue of Strong Mobility: an Innovative Approach based on the IBM Jikes Research Virtual Machine (available at the IBM Jikes Research Virtual Machine website)
Since January 2008, he is Research Associate at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
His main research interests are on distributed computing in the Java language, the architecture of the Java Virtual Machine and in particular on code mobility. Other research interests are in the areas of software agents methodologies and pervasive service composition.
He is currently working on four national and international research projects:
- Mobile JikesRVM, a framework extending the IBM Jikes Research Virtual Machine to enable computational mobility (i.e. Java thread migration)
- The PIM, a new strong mobility-based robot coordination approach, developed in collaboration with IHMC and the Czech Technical University of Prague
- Mensa, Methodologies for the Engineering of complex Software systems: Agent-based approach.
- The Service Ecosystem, a new software engineering model enabling autonomic pervasive services composition and interaction on top of a knowledge-based substrate
Detailed Curriculum Vitae
Raffaele Quitadamo is currently teaching assistant for the following courses at the Faculty of Ingegneria Informatica:
- Sistemi Operativi (prof. Letizia Leonardi)
- Laboratorio di Sistemi Operativi (ing. Alessandro Valenti)
- Principi di Sistemi Operativi (prof. Letizia Leonardi)
- Fondamenti di Informatica C (prof. Giacomo Cabri)
- Sistemi Software distribuiti (prof. Giacomo Cabri)
and since April 2008 he is contract professor for the Elementi di Informatica course for Laurea Triennale in Ingegneria dell'Ambiente and Ingegneria Civile.