PhD, Associate professor at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche, Informatiche e Matematiche
|Address:||via Campi, 231/B - 41125 Modena Italy|
|Meet students:||Monday, 15-17|
Coordinator of the Corso di Laurea in Informatica
Deputy Dean of the Doctorate School in ICT
Member of the Centro di Ricerca Interdipartimentale sulla Sicurezza
Member of the Softech-ICT per le imprese
My current research interests include:
- Autonomic computing
- Software agents
- Complex distributed systems
I was local responsible of the following projects:
- MEnSA: Methodologies for the Engineering of Complex software Systems: the agent-based approach, PRIN 2007-2008
- AWARE FP7 Coordination Action 2010-2013 - self-aware autonomic systems
- FOCAS FP7 Coordination Action 2013-2016 - collective adaptive systems
- AMBIT project co-funded by Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Modena
- FIRST H2020 RISE project - virtual factories
I am member of the editorial board of:
- International Journal of Computational Intelligence Theory and Practice (IJCITP), ISSN 0973-5267, published by Serials Publications, New Delhi, India
- Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience (SCPE), ISSN 1895-1767, published by Universitatea de Vest din Timisoara, Timisoara, Romania
- Transactions on Self-Adaptive Systems, published by European Alliance for Innovation
- Transactions on Context-Aware Systems and Applications, published by European Alliance for Innovation
I am/was the guest editor of:
- Special Issue on Agent-oriented Design methods and Programming Techniques for Distributed Computing in Dynamic and Complex Environments (journal: Science of Computer Programming of Elsevier)
- Special Issue on Enabling Technologies for Collaboration (journal: Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience, CfP)
- Special Issue on Collective Adaptive Systems (journal: Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience; CfP)
Talks (newest first)
- Adaptive complex systems: from formal approaches to bio-inspired approaches at International Conference on Nature of Computation and Communication, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 2014 November
- Implementing Agent Roles in Java at 2014 International Conference on Principles and Practices of Programming on the Java Platform: virtual machines, languages, and tools (PPPJ’14), Cracow, Poland, 2014 September
- Approaches to Engineer Interactions between Distributed Components at 7th International Conference on Computer Engineering And Applications (CEA '13), Milan, Italy, 2013 January
- Software agents in e-health – medical emergencies at NATO Advanced Study Institute, Tangiers, Morocco, 2010 September
- Engineering interactions between distributed components: some approaches applied to software agents at University of Groningen, The Netherland, 2010 June
IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers)
ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)
CINI (Consorzio Interuniversitario Nazionale per l'Informatica)
Conferences in which I am involved
I am the Program chair of SASO 2016
The paper “Implementing Role-based Interactions for Internet Agents” was awarded as best paper of 2003 IEEE International Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT 2003)
The paper “A Case Study in Role-based Agent Interactions” was awarded as best paper of workshop Agent-based Computing for Enterprise Collaboration at IEEE 12th International Workshops on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises (WETICE 2003).
The paper “Supporting a territorial emergency scenario with Services and Agents: a case study comparison” was awarded as best paper of workshop Agent-based Computing for Enterprise Collaboration at IEEE 15th International Workshops on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises (WETICE 2006).
The paper “Connecting Methodologies and Infrastructures in the Development of Agent Systems” was awarded as best paper of workshop Agent Based Computing at the International Multiconference on Computer Science and Information Systems 2008 (IMCSIT 2008).
The paper “A Context-aware Agent-based Approach for Deregulated Energy Market” was awarded as best paper of the ACEC track at the 21st IEEE WETICE 2012.
The paper "Artificial Immune System driven evolution in Swarm Chemistry" was awarded as best paper of IEEE 8th SASO 2014.
I was cited by Prof. Marcin Paprzycki in this page about the research of Dr. Maciej Gawinecki
I am in the DBLP list of most prolific authors
Programmazione a oggetti in Java: dai fondamenti a Internet by Giacomo Cabri and Franco Zambonelli, published by Pitagora Editrice
|Publications per year:||Publications per project:|
Ricevimento studenti: Lunedì dalle 15 alle 17